Friday, April 29, 2011

Off and running!










ONLY 6 WEEKS OF SCHOOL LEFT!
I can't believe it. Perhaps I should elaborate on the past few weeks. Easter didn't hop but flew by. The Easter bunny stopped, leaving yummy treats and rewards for good behavior. Ashlyn enjoyed several hunts (at various locations in the area and at home) in which she favored the eggs with candy inside--strange, huh? The Easter bunny wasn't frightening to her this year; the one we saw was smaller and wearing flip-flops. As for Lane, the bunny challenged him with a scavenger hunt leading to his basket; his favorite eggs were the ones that contained dollar bills. :)

Lane is now officially a teenager--he's been acting like one for months already. His birthday was a blast--his party was at Sky High Sports this year with all of his friends. Sadly, he'll be driving before we know it. ....Sigh.... The first baseball game is this weekend, and basketball on Sunday's still continues. Academically, he remains on the Honor Roll, earning mostly A's (a B in Algebra). Next year, he will be more involved with Leadership activities.

Ashlyn begs to go to baseball practice with Lane. It's cute but sad. Before we know it, her activities will keep us just as busy. She already has swimming lessons Saturday mornings with birthday parties a plenty. She loves to dance, she begs to play tag "Mommy get me!" and plays bubbles outside with Harlo often. Everything is still "Daddy, daddy, daddy"--please tell me this is just a stage. One day she'll be all about me, right?. Don't get me wrong, we have fun together as we have to keep our toenails perfectly painted all the time and enjoy our crafts. She is going to be a girly-girl for sure! :)

Matt is trying hard to wind down the year. With the bettering weather conditions comes the decline of behavioral tendencies. Why is middle school such a tough time for some kids? Matt still enjoys his workouts, playing golf occasionally, and watching sporting events with friends. Truly, he is the best dad and husband I know--so patient with Ashlyn and Lane and so good with family stuff.

Life continues to whiz by for me. I can't believe I am the parent of a teenager. Lane is the best kid, and I am so proud of him. Our family is perfect, and I savor each minute we spend together. Of course, I'm attempting to maintain (or improve) my physical fitness. I will do the Hippie Chick Half Marathon on Mother's Day and then will ease off on the runs for a bit. I need to close out the school year strong to maintain my emotional sanity. :)

No comments: