Monday, April 4, 2011

Changes in Hillsboro

This has been the month of change! We observe it in the beautiful earth around us--the cherry blossoms, trees, warmer days, and so on. Our kids are growing and blossoming almost daily. It's all happening too fast. Grains of sand slipping through our fingers, the hours and days are escaping from reality. I want to bucket each little piece and capture it for a short while just to be able to enjoy it before the next change comes.
Middle school is good for Lane. He's active with friends, sports, academics, girls, etc. I can't believe in a couple of months he'll be in 8th grade (age 13 in 3 weeks). Yikes! I want my little boy back. If middle school is supposed to be dreadful, then we're pretty lucky. It has been tolerable and great on most days. He is still a nice, wonderful kid. The coolest thing, I had to do a 12-mile run one Sunday, and he rode his bike with me the whole time. What a great kid!
Ash is the sweetest little monkey I know! She has mastered the art of potty-ing. Training began over spring break, and she really has only had one wet bed thus far. Smart little girl! She also sleeps in a big girl bed and started swimming lessons. Daddy is still the sunshine of her life! It's so very sweet! She says so many cute things: "I love kitty-cats!" and "I want chocolate ice cream"--sounds familiar! "I don't LIKE that!" or when it's bedtime and I am putting her to bed, she gives her best protest "I'll wait until daddy gets home."
Matt is busy wrapping up the end of the year assigning a record number of detentions, suspensions, and expulsions. Middle school for him is an entirely different story! I will say, his evenings are what matters. Kick off the work shoes and enjoy time with the family! Walks to the park, a workout at the club, or a ball game on television are perhaps the best ways for him to wind down.
Nine more weeks to my school year! Bring on summer! I just completed a half marathon last weekend, and I'll participate in the Pear Blossom Run (10 mi.) in Medford this weekend. It's great to be in shape again. I hope to visit my sister in her new residence in Mobile, Alabama, this summer. Of course, baseball, swimming, golf, and other outdoor activities are 1st priority for the summer. :)












No comments: