Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The End of Winter






As bulbs are popping and the sun is shining her face minutes earlier each day, we are reminded that spring therapy is right around the corner. The long days of winter will quickly change into the bright images of flowers, fun, children outside, the smell of fine foods prepared on grills. Oh, I can't wait for that!

Lane has once again filled our weekends with basketball tournaments, his team playing quite well for another year. It delights me to see him grow into a confident, stronger player as he finds his niche on the basketball court. He loves it and plays even on days when there is no practice or games. (Yes, we joined an athletic club at the start of the year, so we all often go to exercise.) He still enjoys having time to read, socialize on Facebook, play games, etc. Middle school is turning out to be a fun time for him. I believe he pulled off mostly A's for the semester.

Ashlyn is up to her own fun. Play, play, play, she is all about being outside to run, push things, walk, feed the sheep in a nearby pasture, and say "hi" to everyone she sees. She just gets cuter by the minute. "Where we going, Mom?" "What u doing, Dad?" "Where did Lane go?" "Where's Woody (Toy Story)?" So many questions for such a little girl. Reading still gives her pleasure as she can tell many stories from her favorite books. Our next academic task, learning little letters. My guess is that she'll have them down in no time! Yes, Dora and Diego are still important parts of her life. :)

Matt--I would say work, Ashlyn and Lane, and exercising are what fill up most of his days. He's still just as busy at school and completed an "Anti-bullying Week" with great success. He's still taking college classes. When he gets home from work, he's all about Ash and she about him. It's very cute to see what a bond they have. :)

Is today Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? No way for me to tell since the days start and are over well before I can possibly reflect on all that has happened. My students are amazing (of course, when are they not?) Ashlyn and Lane are what keep me on my toes--questions, learning, activities, food, go, go, go! I think I am able to have balance in my life between work, the family, exercising (I've started running and lifting weights again), and that makes me happy.

No comments: