Monday, May 31, 2010

May's End








What a month, what a month! I'm pretty sure it has rained here for 3 straight weeks. Ugh. But, the sun managed to peak out for a few hours today, the last day of May. Thankfully, June will bring new brightness, I'm positive. Ashlyn has a new daycare--yup, we canned Kathy! Now, she spends her days with vibrant, detail-oriented, educated, fun Jennifer. A little rough in the transition, we know that she will adjust well. And, what's great is that she is only 5 minutes away from my work, 10 min. from our home. Yay!
Lane has been working hard to finish elementary school strong. I think he is starting to experience what middle school will be like: more homework, harder tests, more thinking. I know, it's so much work for a kid! Right? He still finds lots of free time be with Jacob and Caden, his two best friends. He also loves his video games, reading, Facebook, etc.
Ashlyn has been learning quite a bit as well. Just over the weekend, she says "Dank You" and "Lovey You." She tries to jump everywhere--over things, at the park, off the curb, down the stairs. Do I need to put a helmet on her when she gets out of bed? A really cute thing, when the boys are over to play, she says "Jay... Jay... Jay..." for Jacob, her new BFF. Jacob has to be watching her do everything!
I wish I could report something different for Matt, but with the arrival of spring, school just weeks from ending, his work life is madness. Everyday he enlightens me with wild stories of middle school behaviors (and I'm reminded that Lane will be there next year--HELP!) I'll be sure to report good news when he is working this summer without students. :)

Honestly, we have such fortune! Our kids are amazing, we are healthy, our families are so loving and caring, and we have great jobs!! What could be better? It is true, Matt could get out to fish or golf more, or I could have a cleaning fairy and be able to run and exercise more, but that's okay.

No comments: